Current:Home > FinanceSafeX Pro Exchange|John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs -GrowthSphere Strategies
SafeX Pro Exchange|John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
SafeX Pro Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 01:18:09
It's been the year of musical chairs in the fashion industry,SafeX Pro Exchange and now, John Galliano is leaving his longtime home at Maison Margiela.
In an interview with Women's Wear Daily published Wednesday, Galliano confirmed his exit from the French luxury fashion house.
"As we are parting ways with this beautiful house, my heart overflows with joyous gratitude, and my soul smiles so I want to take this time to express it. I continue to atone, and I will never stop dreaming," Galliano told WWD.
He continued: "In inviting me to assume the position of artistic director in the house that Martin (Margiela) built, he gave me the greatest, most precious gift: The opportunity to once again find my creative voice when I had become voiceless."
The comments were made in reference to his infamous 2011 ouster from Christian Dior after a video surfaced of a 2011 rant at a Paris bar, where he made comments considered racist and antisemitic. That year, he was found guilty for two hate crimes. It followed a separate, similar incident at the same bar in 2010 a year earlier.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
But in 2014, Galliano made a career comeback at Margiela.
"Being brave enough to unlearn, to re-educate ourselves from the past – for it is societally learnt – to share, empathize, and practice compassion," he added.
Galliano continued, praising Margiela parent company president Renzo Russo who he said "took a risk" and gave him "a second chance," telling WWD that his hiring "told the fashion industry that it is at its best when we collectively support each other, not judge; when we accept, forgive, and help one another see the error of our ways."
Alessandro Michele named new creativedirector of Valentino after Gucci departure
Earlier this year, ex-Gucci head Alessandro Michele got back in his creative director bag, this time at Valentino, following Pier Paolo Piccioli's exit.
"Maison Valentino is honored to announce today the appointment of Alessandro Michele as Creative Director," the brand announced in a statement shared to social media at the time. "This appointment marks the beginning of a new journey to continue shining unique values of the brand, its heritage and couture codes in the world through Alessandro Michele’s unique perspective and wealth of experience."
Michele called the appointment "an incredible honor," adding, "I feel the immense joy and the huge responsibility to join a Maison de Couture that has the word 'beauty' carved on a collective story, made of distinctive elegance, refinement and extreme grace."
Chanel is also facing a shakeup as fashion onlookers await the naming of a new fashion creative director. WWD reported last month that Matthieu Blazy, the Bottega Veneta creative director, is a frontrunner for the brand's top spot.
Contributing: Brendan Morrow
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (88184)
Related
- Warm inflation data keep S&P 500, Dow, Nasdaq under wraps before Fed meeting next week
- 2024 NFL draft first-round order: Carolina Panthers hand Chicago Bears the No. 1 pick
- Maine state official who removed Trump from ballot was targeted in swatting call at her home
- A killer's family helps detectives find victim's remains after 15 years
- 2025 'Doomsday Clock': This is how close we are to self
- Dying in the Fields as Temperatures Soar
- Japan issues tsunami warnings after aseries of very strong earthquakes in the Sea of Japan
- Olympic host country France sees less New Year’s Eve disorder as it celebrates 2024’s arrival
- Tom Holland's New Venture Revealed
- John Pilger, Australia-born journalist and filmmaker known for covering Cambodia, dies at 84
Ranking
- Hackers hit Rhode Island benefits system in major cyberattack. Personal data could be released soon
- College Football Playoff semifinals could set betting records
- In rare apology, Israeli minister says she ‘sinned’ for her role in reforms that tore country apart
- Israel warns about Lebanon border hostilities: The hourglass for a political settlement is running out
- Bodycam footage shows high
- PGA Tour updates players on negotiations with investors, Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund as deadline extends into 2024
- Paula Abdul accuses ‘American Idol’ producer Nigel Lythgoe of sexual assault in lawsuit
- NFC playoff picture: San Francisco 49ers clinch home-field advantage
Recommendation
Israel lets Palestinians go back to northern Gaza for first time in over a year as cease
Ex-Florida QB Jalen Kitna is headed to UAB after serving probation
Gloria Trevi says she was a 'prisoner' of former manager Sergio Andrade in new lawsuit
UFL (the XFL-USFL merger) aims to not join long line of failed start-up pro football leagues
Could your smelly farts help science?
On New Year’s Eve, DeSantis urges crowd to defy odds and help him ‘win the Iowa caucuses’
Japan sees record number of bear attacks as ranges increase
Maurice Hines, tap-dancing icon and 'The Cotton Club' star, dies at 80